Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good friends and trips to the ER

I couldn't wait for this week to arrive. I had so many things planned with my friend Andrea, she was coming for a visit from Chicago. We hadn't seen each other in almost a year. The week started off great, she arrived on Monday night and it was so nice to just be together again. Tuesday was going to be a day of relaxation and floating in the pool, until Greg called from nursing school and was on his way home, sick with that stomach flu that is going around, yuck!
I had to end up taking him to the ER, because he couldn't keep food down and we were worried about his blood sugar with his diabetes. The poor thing was soooo sick, I felt so bad for him. He did get to go home that evening but was in bed for about 36 hours.

So I sent Andrea to another friend's house (thanks Christa) so she would not get sick, and I travelled back and forth visiting her and checking in on Greg. He is feeling much better today and he is back at school. I'm sure he missed a ton and will have bunches of homework to catch up on.
So things did not go as planned but in spite of it all we had a nice visit. I hate to have to say goodbye to her today, but I'll just have to plan a visit to Chicago soon.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I am glad it all worked out and you enjoyed your visit!!!

WineLover said...

Anyone else in your household got the bug yet? hope not!!